To me, life is not about diamonds or pearls, not about living in bungalows and driving branded cars. Life, at the end of the day, its about going home to the one you love dearly whom you would do just anything and everything for.
20th June. Today is the first morning we all woke up, different.
I could have told him that I was going to visit him very very soon and perhaps he could have waited a bit longer for me. But it seemed like things did not turn out that way. There is something I have bought which I was supposed to give it to him when I meet him.
I did not have the chance to. Worse I did not get to see him, not even once after he has been diagnosed with the sickness. Glenn told me about it on the 4th June, 2 weeks later yesterday, I heard from Glenn again but this time, I could really feel like time stopped, I really do not how to describe in words how I felt that moment. I called Siew Lin to find out more, but it turned out that I had to break the heart-breaking news to her instead, in my head, I thought about how I haven’t seen him, how I have not given him something I bought 2 weeks ago, and knowing that I wouldn’t get the chance to see him again. These thoughts kill. But his sufferings were over and he is now resting in peace.
I sent him a sms, telling him to stay strong and that we will all support him no matter what. Juz last Friday, I sent him another sms to give him support…I even had a list of these motivational quotes to send to him once a while, not only I hope they’d give him the will to fight on, also I hope he’d know that I’ll still be around. I wanted to tell him to have confident juz like how he said I’m a confident and a strong girl inside. I guess if I am a more confident person than I used to be, he had his share of contribution. He was the first person as far as I can remember to tell me about it.
He came from the back to bring me to the dance floor during “Hey Waley’. I was so glad that he came over becoz I really really wanted to dance. He let out his hand and invited me to the floor. Towards the end of the day, me and him, claudia and simon, siewlin and gary, were dancing the songs like ‘My boo’, ‘Burn’..etc beside our table. That was such a great prom, I did not have a date, but I did have a dance date that night. I had a wonderful time at “Impression Prom”.
20th November 2005. We hang out in Mp together. Were supposed to watch ‘Chicken Little” but tickets were unavailable. So we ended up chatting for hours in Kenny Rogers. Like he mentioned in his blog, we had a long and interesting conversation, we talked about many things. It was the same month I joined Cubic, I needed to find a heel with the back strap, so he followed me around juz to look for a pair of heel. I remember him saying that he was ok with it as he used to do shopping with his sisters.
Our fren had some funny ideas sometimes. One of them was something about wearing a superman suit to lecture. I know he likes Kristin Kreuk of Smallville. He likes gals dressed in all-white. He likes Jason Lo’s gigs. I’m sure he had a great time at the Hitz.fm bday bash with us all. (me, my sis, glenn, allen, chek, ashwin, kamao) That night, he gave me lots of Biotherm samples and made fun of Same-Same. And I know he really really wanted to go to the Sparc prom 2006 as J.Lo was performing there.
Audrey, glenn, tyco, ccw, kamao, allen, chek….u guys remember our trip to Zouk in May 2005? He met us up in Plaza Low Yat or smth then we walked all the way to Zouk? He and Glenn were walking with me and Audrey at the back. If I remember everything correctly, they were with us all the time. At Zouk, it was becoz of his encouragement, I got up the podium. Else I might not have went up, I dunno. We had so much fun back then, hadn’t we? The next day, we had lunch at a malay stall where he asked me how Melaka was and allen answered him better than Rawang (This is how the place is known to me…The Great City Of Rawang). He also asked the taxi drivers the taxi fare to pudu for us all. We all know why he was the one to do the asking, don’t we?
This year, nobody sms me to tell me about Jusco Members Day Sales anymore. Not from him like previous years.
He got me a card for my birthday 2 years ago. There is something very special about the card that I really like and treasure very much. Becoz of what happened to him, things that he wrote in there make me even sadder now.
There are still many memories with this dear friend of mine. I’d keep them with me always and remember the things he said and told me before. I will never forget him and will forever regard him as my good friend. Each and everyone of us cares about him and misses him a lot. Just like Audrey said, he’d want us to move on. Devastated, we all are. But we should live our lives to the max and realize all our dreams, for ourselves and also for our dearest friend, Wafi.